In its second attempt to go public, a leading steel-maker Shyam Metalics is set to open its initial share sale on 14th Jun 2021. Here are the details you need to know before subscribing to Shyam Metalics and Energy IPO.
Incorporated in 2002, Shyam Metalics and Energy Ltd is a leading integrated metal producing company based in Kolkata, India. It specifically focuses on manufacturing high margin products such as specialised ferro alloys, customised billets for special steel applications, and long steel products. As of Dec 2020, Shyam Metalics had an aggregate installed capacity of 5.71 million tonnes per annum (MTPA). The company also has captive power plants with an aggregate installed capacity of 227 MW.
The company sells intermediate and final products across the steel value chain, catering to both domestic and global markets. As of 31st Dec 2020, Shyam Metalics had partnerships with 42 domestic distributors, who sell its finished products to 13 states and 1 union territory. In the Indian market, the steel maker is leading on many fronts. As of Feb 2021, Shyam Metalics was one of the largest producers of ferro alloys, in terms of installed capacity. It was also were also among the leading players in terms of pellet capacity as of Mar 2020. Besides, the company stands 4th in terms of sponge iron capacity in the sponge iron industry.
Products of Shyam Metalics and Energy
As mentioned, Shyam Metalics and Energy is primarily involved in producing intermediate and long steel products. These include:
- Thermo mechanically treated (TMT)
- Wire rods
- Iron pellets
- Steel billets
- Ferro alloys
- Sponge iron
- Structural products
Manufacturing units of Shyam Metalics
The leading steel maker has manufacturing units that are located at:
- Sambalpur in Odisha
- Jamuria and Mangalpur in West Bengal
Clients of Shyam Metalics and Energy
The company serves clients both in and out of India. Here’s a list of its customers:
- Domestic customers: Jindal Stainless (Hisar) Limited, Jindal Stainless Limited, and Rimjhim Ispat Limited
- International customers: Norecom DMCC, POSCO International Corporation, Norecom Limited, JM Global Resources Limited, Traxys North America LLC, Goenka Steels Private Limited and Vijayshri Steel Private Limited and World Metals & Alloys (FZC)
Peers of the Shyam Metalics
The steel maker competes with listed peers such as Tata Steel Ltd, Steel Authority of India Ltd, Jindal Steel and Power Ltd, JSW Steel Ltd, and Tata Steel Long Products Ltd.
About Shyam Metalics and Energy Ltd IPO
Shyam Metalics had first attempted to debut the stock markets in 2018 but stalled its plans despite receiving SEBI’s nod. Fast forward to 2021, the company had initially announced an IPO of Rs 1,107 cr but soon slashed it to Rs 909 cr owing to the dilution in the promoters’ stake. Reportedly, the promoters offloaded shares just worth Rs 252 cr as against Rs 452 cr, which was planned earlier. Analysts opine that the high valuation of metal stocks could have been the reason for promoters to take the call.
Here are the other details of Shyam Metalics and Energy Ltd IPO:
- The IPO is set to open on 14th Jun 2021 and close on 16th Jun 2021
- While the face value of a share is Rs 10, the price band of the IPO is fixed in the range of Rs 303 to 306 apiece
- The IPO consists of a fresh issue of Rs 657 cr and an offer for sale (OFS) of Rs 252 cr
- Retail investors can bid for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 14 lots. Each lot consists of 45 shares
- Shares are likely to be listed on BSE and NSE on 24th Jun 2021
Promoters diluting its stakes via OFS
Currently, the promoters of the company hold an aggregate stake of 98.49% in the company. The details are:
- Rs 97 cr held by Narantak Dealcom Ltd
- Rs 63 cr held by Shubham Buildwell Pvt. Ltd
- Rs 37 cr held by Shubham Capital Pvt. Ltd
- Rs 30 cr held by Dorite Tracon
- Rs 25 cr held by Kalpataru Housefin and Trading
Valuation of Shaym Metalics and Energy Ltd IPO
In terms of the annualized EPS of 26.04, Shyam Metalics and Energy IPO is priced at 11.8x the company’s P/E (price to earnings) and 2.18x its P/BV (price to book value). Note that the book value is for 9 mth-ended FY 2021 BV. After getting listed, the company is expected to command a market cap of around Rs 7,805, 1.95x P/S (price to sales). Talking of its peers, JSW Steel trades at 2.17x P/S, Tata Steel at 0.87x P/S, and Tata Steel BSL, SAIL, and Jindal Stainless below 1x P/S.
Continue to read the financials, strengths, and risk of Shyam Metalics.